Empower Sioux Falls will hold its next educational forum on Thursday, November 9, from 11:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Linwood Church (1101 E. 57th Street in Sioux Falls).
A lite lunch will be served beginning at 11:15 a.m. Attendees are encouraged arrive early so the forum can begin at 11:30 a.m. Attendees are also asked to use the south entrance to the church.
The forum will focus on school partnerships for churches Pastor Doug Bartel from Hillcrest Church will lead a discussion that will include Mitch Sheaffer, principal at Cleveland Elementary School, and Jackie McNamara, a retired Sioux Falls School District principal. The discussion will look at the following questions:
- Is there a need for business partnerships in the public schools?
- If it is working as designed, what do these partnerships look like?
- How would a church approach a school?
- Once a church becomes a business partner, how do they find out what needs to be done?
- What kinds of things should business partners NOT do?
- What kinds of things should churches specifically be aware of when working with a public school.
The Empower Sioux Falls Forums are for ALL pastors and church leaders who wish to talk about how scripture calls us to address poverty issues in our communities. We encourage you to invite another pastor or church leader to attend the forums as we continue to build our network
Those interested in attending the forum are asked to RSVP by Friday, November 3. You may RSVP by completing the RSVP form below: